mrso822

Mommy's Reading Break

I'll read almost anything if it sounds good, but I tend to read mostly YA, and a lot of those are paranormal or dystopian. I have started to branch out into more contemporary lately.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Jim Dale, J.K. Rowling
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Kevin Collins
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) - Rachel Vincent,  Amanda Ronconi This book took a bit to get into the true action due to the simple fact of it being the first book of the series. I always find that the first book of any series tends to take a while to get into, due to the necessity of set-ups and introductions. However, once it got into the story, it was really good, and I plan on reading at least the next book, if not the whole series. There was a twist with a secret that I saw coming, but the twist at the end was a complete surprise to me!This was my first full-length audiobook, so it took me a while to get into it. Had I been reading the words, I'm sure I would have finished it sooner. However, given my lack of experience with audiobook narrators, I found the narrator to be very good. Her different voices were believable enough without feeling like she was trying too hard.