mrso822

Mommy's Reading Break

I'll read almost anything if it sounds good, but I tend to read mostly YA, and a lot of those are paranormal or dystopian. I have started to branch out into more contemporary lately.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Jim Dale, J.K. Rowling
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Kevin Collins
Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5) - Cynthia Hand This novella, set between Hallowed (book 2) and Boundless (book 3) was a quick, but interesting read. For the first time, the story is told from 2 perspectives, Clara’s (as usual) and Angela’s. It takes place during their summer in Italy.I really enjoyed this novella. Because it takes place in Italy and is half told through Angela’s perspective, we get to learn more about her back story and to actually understand some of how she feels about herself and Clara. We also get to see Clara struggle with knowing how to handle a certain situation between herself and Angela and the tension that this causes.A new character is introduced, and it’s really hard to know how to feel about him. He’s very mysterious. I got a bad feeling from him, but we’ll see if that proves to be right in the last installment, I hope.My favorite part, by far, was the ending. It left on such a cliffhanger that I absolutely can’t wait for the last book!