mrso822

Mommy's Reading Break

I'll read almost anything if it sounds good, but I tend to read mostly YA, and a lot of those are paranormal or dystopian. I have started to branch out into more contemporary lately.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Jim Dale, J.K. Rowling
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Kevin Collins
The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was better than the first book, though possibly still not as good as Vampire Academy yet. I think VA just set the bar really high. From the last quarter or so of the book, though, I think it’s working its way up there!The first chapter was a bit disturbing. It starts off with Sydney in an underground bunker, meeting with the Alchemists, and some of the scenes are a bit disturbing. I could see, from Sydney’s reactions, though, that this chapter was definitely setting up some conflict for her throughout this book and possibly even the series.I found Sydney to be much more likable in this book. I’m sure it has more to do with the fact that she’s had more time to actually get to know the vampires she’s working with, making her less afraid. She still has her moments that made me want to smack her, but they were far fewer in this book. Adrian, *sigh*…Wait, what was I saying? Oh, yeah, Adrian. I love Adrian. I have loved him since book 4 or 5 of Vampire Academy, and I’m really enjoying seeing more of him. His scenes with Sydney, especially during the climax of the book just had me swooning. I think I could live with the fangs if I could have an Adrian! lol The introduction of Brayden also offered some comic relief, unfortunately at Sydney’s expense sometimes! lolThere was one thing that I actually predicted during the previous book, but I didn’t know how it would play out. There were also several scenes with Sydney and Ms. Terwiliger (I think that’s the spelling. I listened to the audio, so I didn’t read it over and over) that were really fascinating, and I’m curious to see how this grows!The ending was amazing. It put a huge smile on my face, and then made me roll my eyes. And then it officially ended, and I realized I’d have to wait until next month for The Indigo Spell. Wait, WHAT?! Ugh! I hate waiting for books! Good thing it’s only next month and not next year! I can’t wait to read it!Overall, I really enjoyed The Golden Lily, and it definitely kept me motivated to work out and do chores, which is a huge plus. Great book!