mrso822

Mommy's Reading Break

I'll read almost anything if it sounds good, but I tend to read mostly YA, and a lot of those are paranormal or dystopian. I have started to branch out into more contemporary lately.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Jim Dale, J.K. Rowling
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Kevin Collins
The Sun Dwellers - David Estes This review will be posted on my blog on 8/26/13Wow. I think that this was my favorite book in the Dwellers saga so far! It was fast-paced, and full of twists, turns, surprises, and revelations. I absolutely loved it!The Sun Dwellers starts off with Adele, Tristan, Roc, Tawni, Trevor, and Ram in the cave between the Moon and Sun Realms. Very quickly, they encounter Sun Dweller soldiers and have to fight their way out. After that, it's just them travelling through the tunnels, which was probably the slowest-paced parts of the book, but because I was so anxious to see what would happen, it didn't bother me at all. Actually, it kind of reminded me of Mockingjay, with a young-ish girl trying to secretly sneak into the Capital city to overthrow the President, but the story itself was very different.As usual, the characters were their wonderful selves, and I think Tawni and Roc are probably my favorites. Adele had her moments in this one where I wanted to smack her, but since Tristan got his turn for that in the Star Dwellers, I guess that isn't so bad. lol For the most part, though, she was pretty amazing. I also really enjoyed seeing her learn more about the differences between the Sun and Lower Realms.The Sun Dwellers was pretty fast-paced for most of it anyway, but at about 65%, the intensity kicked up and never stopped. I think I read the last 35% of it with my heart in my throat. Honestly, there were so many twists and turns and things I wasn't expecting that I just couldn't put the book down. At one point, though, I had to stop to collect myself after a certain scene made me sob.I absolutely loved the resolution and the ending, and I literally had to force myself to read my review book instead of moving straight on to the Country saga. I would definitely recommend this series to fans of dystopian and my place as a David Estes fan has definitely been solidified!